Dimmit County Mineral Lease

I have a mineral lease in the Bermuda Colony subdivision in Dimmit County, has anyone heard of any activity there? My lease is over in January 2011. I am receiving letters to purchase the mineral rights from another company. However, I have never heard from the Lesee Sage Energy. What should I do?

Dont sell.

I had someone try to buy mine just before the lease expired. Then I found out it was because they were drilling a well with more to come.

Now Ive got one well over 4m and at least 3 on the way. what I was offered will probably be made in one year, certainly 2.

The only reason someone would want to buy you out it to make a profit, so its worth more than whatever they offfer.

Sure the mineral buyers are looking to make a profit otherwise why would htey invest that kind of money into these minerals. They are counting on a well being drilled in the future so they can profit. This doesn’t neccesarily mean that you shouldnt sell. I know landowners that sell part of their mineral estates and payoff everything they own and still profit off of a well being drilled from their remaining mineral interest. If you are looking to have your property re-leased or you would like to sell a portion of your minerals please feel free to contact me and maybe I can help with going rates etc.

Actually I received a lease offer today. Do you know what the rates are in Dimmit. I have family in the area and got their take, but would like to know other views.

Garrett said:

Sure the mineral buyers are looking to make a profit otherwise why would htey invest that kind of money into these minerals. They are counting on a well being drilled in the future so they can profit. This doesn't neccesarily mean that you shouldnt sell. I know landowners that sell part of their mineral estates and payoff everything they own and still profit off of a well being drilled from their remaining mineral interest. If you are looking to have your property re-leased or you would like to sell a portion of your minerals please feel free to contact me and maybe I can help with going rates etc.