Diminished oil royalty checks

Has anyone noticed the diminished oil royalty payouts from all oil and gas companies? Here’s my theory: Biden has put severe restrictions on buying from private lands. Look at this year’s oil/gas lease income checks and tell me I’m wrong. Biden is buying from our enemies!!!

There is normal depletion on any oil & gas wells, coupled with lower prices and you get smaller checks. Just what happens, but I don’t disagree with your other statements other than Biden has nothing to do with private lands.

Oil and gas prices are based upon market conditions and contracts to transmission companies in the particular states. All about supply and demand balance. 2022 was an unusual year due to the Ukraine war gas sales of US gas and Covid recovery of demand worldwide. The early part of the year had lower prices due to a warm winter and lower demand. You might see a recovery in some or your checks based upon recent prices. Remember that your volumes decline over time, so factor that in.

1 Like

Oh my. Restrictions on drilling leads to higher prices, aka better for you, the mineral owner. Not to get into politics further, but if youre a mineral/wi owner, youve made more under Biden than Trump due to oil prices.
What most new mineral owners dont understand about horizontal wells is that theres a sharp decline on their checks on a new well after about a year, while they think the same checks will be coming in for years to come, theres no conspiracy behind it, its just the nature of the beast.

but if you’re a mineral/wi owner, you’ve made more under Biden than Trump due to oil prices.

And likely lost most of it in some way or another to skyrocketing inflation, not due to Trump.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.