Did they redrill our old vertical wells

We have suddenly starting receiving payments on some old vertical wells again. I think I found that they changed the depth of the wells but I am not sure. Having trouble making sense of the completion reports. Howard county, Tate D wells, operator is Legacy Reserves Operating LLC. Any info would help, trying to learn.

Give the API number of each well and I’m sure someone has an explanation.

1 Like

lease # 31348, 50421 API 22738574, 22735075 and 22734167

Maybe I’m not looking at it right but I don’t see anything going on with the verticals. They recompleted them from Fusselman to Strawn years ago, but that was all I saw. Admittedly I spent sub 5 mins looking and never went to TRRC.

You are, and have been, getting paid for the Legacy Talbot horizontal wells that have been producing there since 2016, right? Or did you sell/not have the Wolfberry rights?

2 Likes

Yes, paid on the horizontal Talbot wells.
I think what I saw was they went deeper on a or both Tate wells on the completion reports. We were getting offers to buy the Tate wells for a while.

If the Tate and Talbot wells are on the same minerals, then a minerals purchase would include all wells. Unless you are being offered a wellbore only purchase for vertical Tate wells. Some older shut-in wells are being reopened due to high oil prices.

1 Like

I understand about the mineral purchase offers Thank You.

The other question is why a recompletion(31348), 50421)? It looks like they changed the depth or something.

New question - see image. I have found on CONG that these wells have started producing Section 33, Block 33, TG2N. We still have not seen a DO. I have learned that operators are required to pay the mineral owners within 120 days on new wells. I give updates to everybody about what is going on and I don’t have a real answer to why no DO or payment yet.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.