Did I get the mineral rights

Hi, i recently bought some property in Oklahoma and I can’t figure out if the mineral rights were transferred as well. I automatically assumed we were going to own the rights as well but can anyone help me figure out if we do. A statement at the bottom makes me suspicious.

“EXCEPT mineral conveyances of record, if any.”

Can some people please point me in the right direction on how to figure this out.

Typically, when you buy a piece of property, it is done by a warranty deed wherein the seller/grantor warrants or guarantees title. However, since the mineral rights are, typically not examined, the seller doesn’t want to guarantee title to the oil, gas and mineral rights. so, they are conveying to you/the grantee all rights they have. They are excepting from the warranty/guarantee any previously deeded interests to third parties. So, did you get the mineral rights? No way to know without examining title.

That sentence is excepting any minerals that may have been reserved previously. The only way to know if you received any minerals is to run the complete chain of title.

I have always lived in Oklahoma. Mineral rights with property is a rare thing. If mineral rights were not specifically stated to convey with the property, I would seriously doubt that they did. When you get mineral rights, it raises the price of the property enough to notice the difference.