Diamond Rio 9-16-E

I was contacted last May by mail by differerent mineral rights acquistion company’s interested in purchasing my mineral interest, they indicated Diamond RIO 9-16E lease had been permitted for new horizonat oil and gas development. Can you tell if there has been any new drilling in the lease in the last year? Thank you in advance.

Below is the current Texas Railroad Commission (TRC) map of the area you asked about. First a close up view. Then showing a wider area. The Diamond Rio 9-16-E is highlighted in blue on both maps. Pioneer who currently is the operator was acquired last year by Exxon.

As the larger scale map shows, there’s a lot of activity in that area. TRC production records show Parsley Energy completed the Diamond Rio 9-16-E in December, 2019 and through December, 2023 it has made nearly 600,000 barrels of oil and 800,000 mcf of gas. Soon after that well was completed Pioneer acquired Parsley and then drilled other nearby wells including one just to the east called the the Diamond Rio 9-16-L.

If you own mineral interest in that area you need to get up to date on what’s happening there before considering any offers.

Yes, I originally had a well with Parsley, 4210H, then 2 more were added 2 years ago 2809H and 2811 H in 2022 after Pioneer bought them out. The letters interested in buying my royalty and interest indicating there was another permit under the Diamond Rio 9 16 E permitted for new horizontal oil n gas dev. came and 10 months ago and a new voice mail amonth ago, so I thinking that was enough time for somthing to be drilled or in place by now, but I’m not seeing anything new from your graphs. I am still getting checks from Pioneer instead of Exxon at this time. Thank you and if any other advice please advise, thanks.

The only thing I can add is that all three wells you mentioned are part of what Pioneer refers to as Diamond Rio Allocation Unit C. There are other Diamond Rio allocation units designated as A, B, and D in that same area that each include multiple wells.

Below is the plat showing the boundaries of Diamond Rio Unit C. If your acreage was within those boundaries you may have signed an agreement related to that unit. RRC isn’t showing any new wells permitted within Unit C, so if all of your acreage is within those boundaries it doesn’t look like anything more has happened since the three wells you mentioned were completed.

Dusty, you’ve been most helpful, not the news I was hoping for, but grateful for what is. Thank you!