DeWitt County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Kinder Morgan is installing pipeline in Westhoff area. What is the going rate per foot for pipelines these days??? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Jim

Have lease with Petrohawk (now BHP Billiton). There was a sale in which GeoSouthern now splits this lease. 50% Geo and 50% Billiton.

Royality checks of this month are significantly different, in talking to Billiton, they stated Geo removes oil by barrels and Billiton does not.

I've left a message for further clarification from Billiton, but I'm told they will get back to me in two weeks (-+).

Has anyone had any experience or knowledge of this practice?

Royalties are almost always paid on gross or net sale proceeds, but maybe double check your lease. You should also be able to match your stub to the figures filed with the RRC as to number of barrels sold (not produced).

Will do, thankyou.

Hello...I am looking to lease and/or buy 5-10 acres of land, preferably off a major highway or county road for the purpose of possibly obtaining a permit for a saltwater disposal well. Three (3) phase nearby would be a huge plus. Please text/call Tim Terry at 512-791-2499

As to oil prices, I’d like to see them higher, but there is going to be continued activity by operating companies, especially in counties like Lavaca, Fayette and DeWitt that have many “sweet spots”. Companies will be cutting drilling in marginal and experimental areas. For useful information go to the link below and see what experts like R. T. Dukes and others say. For a better understanding read the whole article as I did.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/energy/article/As-oil-prices-fall-companies-produce-more-for-5923956.php#/0

The following is a sponsored (paid) promotional notice:

If you own minerals in Texas or New Mexico, consider attending the NARO – Texas convention in San Antonio July 18-20, 2018. They have a great agenda, good speakers, and the cost is reasonable. This year also includes a special session for New Mexico mineral owners. The current agenda draft is attached, and a link to their signup and information page is http://www.naro-us.org/event-2824234

Attachment: 2018-04-30%20-%20NARO-TX%20Convention%20Agenda%20%28Hyatt%29%20invite.pdf