Dewitt County Drilling Speculation

A number of landowners in Yorktown in DeWitt County have recently been approached for surface leasing and potential royalties. Based on my research, the surface lease seems low. We realize market is turbulent, or has slowed down in past two years. Before signing leases, we would appreciate some input on the offer from those who know of wells or leasing in this area. Offer: $250/surface acre for a 3-year lease. Royalties at 22.5%.

Surface lease for what? Storing equipment and supplies, housing, what?

Best,

Buddy Cotten

I sent you an email with more clarification. Hope you got it. Thanks for your input!

Mr. Cotton- I think there are issues getting messages to my email or yours, so I am trying again via this forum. I appreciate whatever you may have attempted in the way of a response. My family is trying to get an idea of what a reasonable offer is for lease bonus per net mineral acre. We are being offered $250 per net mineral acre for a three year primary term and a 22.5% royalty. DeWitt County, TX. The lessee is planning to drill horizontal wells for gas. Thanks! LL

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.