Dewey County, OK mineral rights leasing

We’re new to this form, so I hope this is in the right place to be seen and responded to. Our family has mineral rights in Sec. 35-T17N-R18W, Dewey County, Oklahoma. We are trying to get information on what companies are active in this area and might be interested in leasing. Also, would like to have information on recent lease bonus amounts.

Hey Lincoln,

Your property is the one in blue. The most recent and closest comps are a couple sections NE, and from March of this year. $1,500 for a 1/8th royalty, $1,250 for 3/16th, $850 for 1/5, $5 for 1/4th by Citizen Energy II, LLC.

Source:

As you can see from the chart, there are better paid comps from last year. You might reach out to Unit Petroleum, Citizen Energy, Reagan Resources and/or Bearcat (land broker maybe on behalf of Contiential?). They appear to have paid the highest in the past.

Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks, so much for your input.

Looking for an update on current lease bonus payments for new leases in Dewey County for this spring of 2019. Currently have a $350.00 per acre offer for a 3 year, 3/16th lease in Township 19, Range 19. Looking for going rate. Thanks for any info.

Need the township and range. Yours is not complete. Always ask what the rate for 1/5th and 1/4 are.

Section 34, Township 19 North, Range 19 West

Welcome back to the forum.
The last pooling in that township was back in January 2017. The rates back then were $750 3/16 and $500 1/5 (sec 36). Not current, but a hint as to what they were back in late 2016. I have generally found that offers are low in the beginning and ramp up closer to drilling. Also, they may offer at 3/16ths, but I always ask what they are offering at 1/5th.