Development Prospects?

In Eddy County, Section 30 in Township 19S Range 31E is one of the few sections (in the immediate area) that hasn’t seen horizontal development. Does anyone know of any development plans? It looks like sections 25 and 30 could be combined to drill some east-west laterals. I can’t see why this wouldn’t have been developed yet, so maybe it’s promising? Or perhaps there are faults or some kind of geological issue? What do you guys think?

As far as I could tell, there are no active producers in this lease (NM 0006814) since May 2022, so if you have an ORRI…um…well…that could be suboptimal.

I don’t know any reason why the 2nd Bone Spring wouldn’t make good HZ wells here. The operator for Sec 30 is “Kash Operating LLC” and the operator for Sec 25 is “Shackelford Oil”.

Which may be your explanation for no drilling to date. Sometimes its better not to know people in NM. Sam Shackelford is drinking a beer in Ruidoso planning out his next salmon fishing trip and then the guy Clint who lives next door to my parents are the choices to operate your hypothetical unit. Neither one of these goobers are drilling a $8m well in our lifetimes.

Somebody will drill on a long enough timeline. Lease needs to remain in effect.

2 Likes

Funny! You are a true native.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.