Determining Decimal Interest

I’m trying to determine the decimal interest for a deed showing "82/100 of an undivided 9/120 interest…in and under SW NW and NW SE NW and S SE NW and N N SW and SW NW SW, Section 11, Township 4 North, Range 3 West, Garvin County. Also, is this considered one property since the five descriptions are all adjoining? I’m having a hard time matching up the decimal interest listed on a division order, and I’m trying to determine what I actually own.

Hi Hilary, attached a map of those parcels below. You will also need to know your royalty rate and the acres allocated for the particular well in order to calculate the decimal multiplier. If a well allocates the whole section, this group of parcels would count as one, but it is possible that only portions of it may be counted for a particular well.

Thanks, Pete. It looks like I’ll have to find the leases to determine all of the information. I found some PUN details for active wells that appear to show the leases are for the NW quadrant. Hunting for this information is very educational. I inherited these mineral rights from my father, so maybe I can locate the leases with his papers or in the county clerk records. Thank you, Hilary

www.okcountyrecords.com may be helpful in your search.

Here is another helpful link. The OCC documents for a well can be accessed from a tab on the individual well information screen. http://occpermit.com/wellbrowse/

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.