Description of acreage location: please clarify

I owned a small amount of acreage in Kingfisher County. During the last year, I entered into an agreement with an energy company with regard to Section 17-18N-9W. Now I have been contacted by another energy company regarding Section 18-18N-9W. Are those two separate sections? Can I enter into an agreement for 18-18N-9W having sold my interest in 17-18N-9W?

Thank you.

Yes, they are separate sections, Section 17 and Section 18.