Denton County Gas and Oil tax process

I am finding the process out of Michelle French's office a bit confusing. Getting answers from them leaves a lot to be desired. After adding all the account sheets up and sending my check to Denton Co. in November to be early I was informed by post-it-notes that some of the accounts had not been paid. The post-it-note was attached to a clump of 14 accounts that said these accounts were unpaid with a 2nd post-it-note attached to one account that had been reprinted and increased by 3 cents to make the total I owed equal to what their computer said I owed. After rechecking that I had written down the correct amount and re-adding the 88 sheets 3 separate times, I agreed I owed them 25 cents. After phone conversations with them I was convinced that they had not sent me the total number of accounts. But they said there was nothing they could do because the computer said I owed them another $104. Bottom line- I feel that I didn't make a mistake in my addition and there is nothing I can do about it. Has anyone else had some problems with this office. I don't know why they don't just add it all up and tell you what you owe. I have written the check.