Deepest productive horizon in Reeves County?

hello. i own an overriding royalty interest with rights down to 11,700'. i've done some research and it seems that most wells in Reeves are being drilled to 'total depth' of around 14,000'. i believe that the total depth includes the lateral, and therefore my ORRI may be more valuable than otherwise. can anyone help to clarify this issue? generally, what is the depth of the formations that are being drilled in Reeves County? thanks.

Patrick

Patrick -- be a little more specific... where are you located in Reeves County. You're on the right trail... the TVD ('True Vertical Depth') being completed is -- in most cases -- much shallower than the 14,000' 'Total Depth' being permitted/reported. Later -- Buzz

PS - the deepest productive horizon in Reeves County is much below the Wolfcamp and above formations being targeted in this latest boom.

Thanks Buzz...

A624

Patrick -- I find you just a mile N of Orla along US 285. BHP/Petrohawk has been intensely drilling around Orla in all directions for over a year now. Their target field designation from their permit applications almost exclusively is the PHANTOM (WOLFCAMP) Field. In a few instances, it is the FORD, WEST (WOLFCAMP) Field or, fewer yet, the WOLFBONE (TREND AREA) Field.

Speaking of only the PHANTOM ( WOLFCAMP) Field:

O&G Docket #08-0277363

THE APPLICATION OF PETROHAWK OPERATING COMPANY TO AMEND THE FIELD RULES FOR THE PHANTOM (WOLFCAMP) FIELD, LOVING, REEVES, WARD AND WINKLER COUNTIES, TEXAS

PFD | ORDER

9-11-12

http://www.rrc.state.tx.us/media/18002/8-77363ord.pdf

{excerpt}

RULE 1: The entire correlative interval from 9,515 feet to 12,447 feet as shown on the log of the Petrohawk Operating Company - Oxy Fee “24" Lease, Well No. 1 (API No. 42-389-32637), Section 24, Block C18, PSL Survey, A-2150, [8.3 miles NW of Pecos] Reeves County, Texas, shall be designated as a single reservoir for proration purposes and be designated as the Phantom (Wolfcamp) Field.

Notice the interval refers to a certain well located 8.3 miles NW of Pecos. You’ll have to get another opinion on the depth of this interval just N of Orla… about 29.6 miles to the NW of subjected well. Later -- Buzz

The Minerals in Sec 13, B57 T2 are owned by Chevron and are under lease to Anadarko/SWEPI. Anadarko is also drilling the Bonespring/Wolfcamp, so you have a chance to get included in a Unit. They have a lot to drill though, so you could be waiting a while.

Mike and Buzz: thanks for your input.