Deep Bossier Play in Leon County, Texas 4-22-2023

The Deep Bossier is a formation in this area that is about 16,000 to 20,000 feet that is composed of about 4 sections within the formation. Technology currently of being able to drill horizontally at great lengths (6000ft-10,000 ft) and fracture the horizontal well bore has enabled these wells to be very profitable. Drilling and completing these wells cost many million of dollars. Only very, very few companies have the money and the technical knowledge to drill and fracture these wells. Comstock is the Main Company drilling in Leon County, TX, at this time in the deep Bossier. All these other mineral buyers and individuals trying to lease are buy your minerals are probably not able to do this. They are most likely trying to get yours CHEAP and FLIP and sell at a later date. Currently Surprise Valley is the lease broker for Comstock Resources. This is my OPINION and is not legal advise.

1 Like

Aethon also is involved in this new play. See my post in Robertson County for a production report on their first well, the Currie 2H. At this point, Aethon has one rig working in Robertson County, and Comstock has one in Robertson and one in Leon. Comstock has just restarted their drilling after pausing to upgrade the capacity of their gas treatment plant and also tap into another gas pipeline. It is likely that pipeline capacity will be a constraint on the pace of drilling in this new play, along with the current low price offered for natural gas.

1 Like

Nabors Rig #X07 is the rig being used to drill the Dinkins Rig location about 1 mile south of Marquez, Texas currently. You can Google Nabors.com and see the capability of X07

Any word on how those 2 wells just outside of Marquez are coming along?

So far, completion reports have been filed on four Bossier wells in Robertson County, three by Comstock and one by Aethon. Here are 24-hour test results and production to date for each. It should be noted that treatment plant and pipeline capacity issues have caused the wells to be throttled back for some time during these early production periods.

Comstock Circle M Allocation 1H:

Test date: 5/1/2022

Results: 36,709 MCF with 2.625 inch orifice

Production: 8.2 BCF in 349 days

Comstock Cazey Black A 1H:

Test date: 12/3/2022

Results: 42,215 MCF with 3.5 inch orifice

Production: 3.3 BCF in 145 days

Comstock Campbell EO B 2H:

Test date: 4/23/2023

Results: 36,205 MCF with 3.5 inch orifice

Production: 250,000 MCF in 13 days

Aethon Currie 2HB:

Test date: 10/10/2022

Results: 36,850 MCF with 2.5 inch orifice

Production: 3.7 BCF in 153 days

1 Like

Thank you Alan. Are those considered ‘good’ wells?

Yes sir, very good wells!

1 Like

Thanks, Alan. Have you seen anything new on Dinkins or Lanier wells? I thought they may have finished one and started the other by now.

1 Like

Do you have any figures on the dinkins?

Comstock has permitted four wells in Leon County:

JG Dinkins 1H Permit approved 12/8/2022 Spud 1/10/2023 1.3 miles S of Marquez

CW Lanier 1H Permit approved 1/26/2023 Spud 4/17/2023 1.3 miles SE of Marquez

Neyland HRM 1H Permit approved 5/12/2023 2.8 miles NE of Marquez

RT Glass 1H Permit approved 4/18/2023 4.3 miles SW of Marquez

That’s all I know…

1 Like

Thanks again, Alan. I hadn’t known they had permitted a couple more wells near Marquez. This is interesting.

1 Like

Mr Herrington,

Do you happen to know what survey the Comstock RT Glass 1H is on ?

Thanks,

Joe Gresham

Joe, that’s B M Levis Survey/Abstract 485… https://webapps2.rrc.texas.gov/EWA/drillingPermitDetailAction.do?methodToCall=searchByUniversalDocNo&universalDocNo=495837928&rrcActionMan=H4sIAAAAAAAAAM1Qy27DIBD8mvRoAQYrPezBqtJzH1FzsHIgNiJItrEW3IfEx3dxW6l1eq56gd3ZYZmZxBkDkTjjwK8Q27qNzo8PLXYNO8KCv5iTnqYgChoX0bzqUFj_vClrKUsiCNiI292hprLMZYeu791o7wwOLob72eDbx9ai80SSMJh49t3e3-i-J0ABmjjjuPePRmN7JmgL7EJME5ZpjTYUk0Y9POl-NotG-pipfEsQ2-tcKDgZ68ZwcDHvo4U_ei5W_YovJDBOXpZDMLH4VMCqjKlPbKWQ_1lc4SumCiZtDX6L49fs-LFZ87JW4EkAZ6kElchvUgRUBFy-_m_JvwNaLIqvtQIAAA

Joe, click on the little Texas map next to the API number that is on the approved permit and a map will pop up of the area

Mr Liles,

That survey is on my lease with XTO. I was too dumb to get a Pugh clause. How can they drill on land that is tied up by another company? The XTO rep I talked to doesn’t know of a deal between Comstock and XTO, but he is checking to be sure. If the well is successful,do I stand to benefit although I am tied up by XTO?

Thanks much

Joe

What year did you lease to XTO and for how many years? I have noticed this Glass well has not been spudded yet. I would assume there is something there that U R not aware of that has happened. Let’s hope that this is a legitimate lease and you will be rewarded.

Mr Liles,

XTO is the third or fourth owner of the lease I signed in 1994, and re uped in 1997. The lease was for 3 years. I also had a top lease that I received half payment for, but was never consummated. I think they are holding me by paying a shut in payment.

When I click on the map, it shows a BM Levis well location on hwy 3. When I click on Plat 5 of the attachments, I get Glass RT revised pdf that shows the well off hwy 79 where I thought it was and where I’ve seen the beginning of activity. Also it shows to be BM Lewin.

So I don’t know what is going on. Looks like they corrected some mistakes. I guess it will eventually come out of the wash.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.