Deed/Ownership info

I recently received an oil and gas mineral rights lease offer from a broker in Texas. I wasn’t aware of such property. How would I go about finding information on ownership/deed records for this property? Thanks.

The first place is to ask them where they got your name and why they think you have ownership. You can nicely ask for the paragraph from the title opinion that he/she is working from. They may have tracked you down from an ancestor. If you list the state and county, someone on the forum may be able to point you in the right direction. Deeds are supposed to be filed in the county courthouse where the minerals are located. Many of the counties are online now, at least back a while, so you might start with that.

Thanks for the quick reply. I know very little about the property other than what is on the lease offer. The property is in Jack County, Texas, 448 acres dating back to 1940 or maybe later. In conversation with close family members there are several people involved, maybe to many. Thanks again. I’ll kept looking.

These two websites may be helpful for a Texas search.

I give that a try. Thank You!

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.