Deed Issues

I have been going through the exhaustive process of reopening my grandmother's estate and trying to straighten out all her holdings. ND told me there is a of money there so it has been worth the time. I am down to the wire, I think I've got this HOWEVER, the State of ND is requiring that I provide a copy of a deed for a particular plot, namely, 12-152-96 in the name of my grandmother. I have found an Assignment of Royalty dated 1937 and completely lost the trail from there. (I won't even go into the amount of hours spent researching to find what I have).

My question: What if there is no actual DEED and this is what oil company has been using. There is a misspelling of my grandmother's name in the information from the oil company involved which also exists in the of Royalty. Could this work to obtain the funds in question?

I bought a McKenzie County Atlas a couple years ago. On your section 12-152-96 as of the year 1916

There were two owners Inga Gilbertson and a person named Sorenson. Those were most likely homesteaders.Homesteader information is readily available. Maybe you could pick up the trail at the beginning and follow ownership and changes that way. It looks like Gilbertson owned about 3/4 of the section and the other 1/4 owned by Sorenson. Would an abstract of the property help?

I don't know if this even comes close to what you might need. NOTHING VENTURED, NOTHING GAINED.