Deed help with degrees and vares

i am trying to figure out were the property lines are by an old deed, it describes like this North 27degrees east 486 vares, or it says bears south 29degrees east 96 varas, is there any mapping where i could input some of this information it is in dewitt county texas

(1) bearings are from a 360 degree compass: 0-360 degrees in a clockwise direction, so: N90E would put the compass needle at a "3 o'clock" position, N45E would be "1:30 o'clock", got it?

(2) a "vara" is a standard of measurement of Spanish/colonial origin: a "vara" is 2.777777... feet, so ten varas = 27.7777 feet (surveyor's standard of practice carries decimal feet to the 4th digit). It would be the Spanish version of the English meter, OK?

www.tractplotter.com

Use Rocky's directions to break the metes and bounds down into the formula that the website uses to plot.

North 27degrees east 486 varas = N27E 486V

Feel free to ask a more specific question if you have a hard time using the tractplotter.

thank you so much, i think i got it

Rocky,

Azimuths are on a 360 degree compass. As in the submarine movies. 90 azimuth is East, 270 azimuth is West

Bearings are direction and degree based beginning with the quadrant direction and ending with the direction that the included angle moves towards and may be in a counter clockwise direction as in N30W or S16E.

Gary Hutchinson

Rocky Arrell said:

(1) bearings are from a 360 degree compass: 0-360 degrees in a clockwise direction, so: N90E would put the compass needle at a "3 o'clock" position, N45E would be "1:30 o'clock", got it?

(2) a "vara" is a standard of measurement of Spanish/colonial origin: a "vara" is 2.777777... feet, so ten varas = 27.7777 feet (surveyor's standard of practice carries decimal feet to the 4th digit). It would be the Spanish version of the English meter, OK?

A Texas unit of length equal to 33.33 inches (84.66cm) The simple answer. : )

Yours,

Wes Luke