"Deduction Reimbursements?"

Is anyone familiar with “deduction reimbursements” on a 1099 form? For the first time this year we are seeing this listed on our XTO Energy 1099. They have not answered our query about it made 8 weeks ago. Any help would be appreciated.

You should look at the check stub detail for the year to see how this is referenced there. The tax treatment will depend on which box has the entry.

On their statements, this is listed under “OT” for other deductions. They calculated them in with all of the other deductions so the amounts are accounted for in their monthly totals. I’ve just never seen something broken out like that on a 1099 when, on their statements, they simply treat it as an adjustment to deductions.

And of course, the company is no help. Took them 8 weeks to answer a question on this and then you have to queue up again to have any further discussion. Oh well, I can prove what I’m reporting via their statements so I’ll just hold my nose and file :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.