Dealing with Pioneer Oil regarding inherited mineral rights

I inherited mineral rights and an attorney filed the necessary documentation with Glasscock County showing transfer of ownership. Pioneer Oil is the producer I am dealing with, but I am having a difficult time getting any information. They just keep telling me they have to check with the supervisor over the area. The minerals rights were a surprise finding and I have no knowledge of how many accounts there are or how to get any information, but I do feel like I am getting the run around from Pioneer since they are not forthcoming with any information about the mineral rights. Has anyone dealt with them before or have any advice for how to get concrete information?

Snok are you dealing with Pioneer Oil or Pioneer Natural Resources?

If it hasn’t been done it sounds like you need to start with some basic research in the Glasscock County deed records, based on the names of the individuals you inherited the mineral interest from. Glasscock’s deed records are online and it looks like you can do some no cost basic searching of those deed indexes at https://idocmarket.com/GLATX1/Document/Search

If you find documents you want to view or print some cost per page would be involved. Texasfile.com is also a site where you can do free index searches for Glasscock or other counties where you have reason to believe you might own other mineral interest.

It can be a slow process and depending on the potential size interests you are working with you might consider hiring a landman in that area to do the research for you.

If you are needing basic information on the history and production from specific Pioneer wells post any name and survey information you have and someone on the forum will be able to help you.

Snok after checking producers in Glasscock County I find that Pioneer Natural Resources to be the only Pioneer listed.

CLICK ON DOCUMENT TO ENLARGE

1 Like

Pioneer is a large company they receive thousands of inquires, you aren’t getting a run around from them, it will just take a bit of time.

Best course of action is to email them with the tract description as the subject headline. You will need to state who you inherited the interest from (they will be able to pull their records) in the email and attach a recorded copy from the courthouse all documents transferring ownership into your name. If the documents are not filed in the courthouse, they will not transfer ownership over to you.

From there it will take roughly 30 days from the time they receive the paperwork to get you over a division order and in pay status.

If they don’t send you a follow up after a few days, email them again.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.