Dawson geophysical company

They have been sending me letters for years to do a survey and pay me $350. Now they tell me someone else owns my mineral rights. How can i check who owns the minerals. I called a lawyer and he wanted a $1000 to check and tell me. I bought the land 10 years ago and that owner told me that the mineral rights were still attached to the property. Its in section 3 blk 112 if anyone knows anything thanks

My family owns a portion of the minerals in Sec 3, Blk 112, PSL, that were acquired in 1932. So at least some of the minerals have been severed from the surface. There has been a lot of leasing in that area in recent years - first by Thunderhead, and later by BHP / Petrohawk among others. If your correct address is in the deed and tax records and if you have not been contacted in recent years about leasing minerals, then it is less likely that you acquired minerals with the surface. The only way to be sure is to trace the deeds backward through you seller to see what he really owned. I cannot speculate on how much time this would take as it depends on the number and complexity of the deeds. However, if you own surface and a seismic survey is conducted, then you should be paid as a surface owner. If you do not own 100% of the surface in the tract, then you would not be paid 100% of the seismic fee.