Daniels County North of Scobey

I have inherited interest in mineral rights North of Scobey. When I checked the map the land that I have mineral rights on is definetely in the Bakken.

However I am wondering if drilling will really come to this part. It seems to be more in the North Dakota area.

Has anyone heard anything that would leave me to believe one way or the other?

Sharlie,

It is very hard to say. The Bakken formation may extend beneath all of Daniels County. However not all parts of the formation produce. So it is unknown if that portion of the Bakken will ever be able to be produced in commercial quantities. The rumors I hear suggest the eastern edge of the county might have that potential while the rest of the county doesn't. However, that is just speculation by some.

Only time will tell. So unless you need the money, don't sell them. The most likely outcome is that nothing will come of it. Yet perhaps it will turn out to be a nice surprise someday. Good luck.

I am not in a hurry, just curious.

Thanks for your response, I guess I will just put the wheelbarrow back in the shed for awhile. LOL

My only advice to you is to make sure that it is clear at the County recorder's office who owns the oil and mineral rights. I just completed the legal requirments to make sure that our family is protected and that it is clear who to contact. Don't assume that all is well because you are named in a Will or Trust as a receiver of family interests...it is more complicated then that. In my case I needed to get my Motherls name removed and mine put in place. I know leases are being secured. I do not know if any drilling has taken place yet.

Let's keep our fingers crossed!

I have already went through an Attorney in Scobey, Jordan Fosland and had my mother's will probated. She was left the mineral rights from her parents and then she left them to myself and my two sisters.

Is there something else I should be doing?

I would contact your lawyer and double check to make sure that your name is in place of your Mother's if she has passed away. When a landman or such goes to the courthouse to see who is on the deed.....you want to make sure that your name is obvious....the less they have to sort through the better for them. I was contacted just this morning by a company for leasing.....he was able to track me down easily. You want your name, phone number etc. visable. Your lawyer should make sure of this....hope this helps.

Thanks Glenda I will follow your advice and talk to my lawyer. Where is the land that you have interest in?

Glenda K. Coleman said:

I would contact your lawyer and double check to make sure that your name is in place of your Mother's if she has passed away. When a landman or such goes to the courthouse to see who is on the deed.....you want to make sure that your name is obvious....the less they have to sort through the better for them. I was contacted just this morning by a company for leasing.....he was able to track me down easily. You want your name, phone number etc. visable. Your lawyer should make sure of this....hope this helps.

Where would I look to see who signed a lease with an oil company. It is on land that I have an interest in but I was never contacted. It says the lease ends in 2014, are they 10 year leases, or can that vary according to agreement.

Sharlie;

You need to read more of this forum, almost all of the answers to your questions are here in the forum, it will also make you a more savy mineral owner.

Oh I have read everything, and privately received some help. I am now up to speed and just hoping the drilling begins!!

Sharlie;

Hope you have good luck in your mineral adventure. Every once in a while I ask my friends at Mineral Forum for an answer, and they come through. So, don't be afraid to ask, you can always ask a friend and keep the question between you and your friend if you don't want the question to be shared by the whole world. This site is made up of good people who want to help. Drill baby drill.