Daily Production Reports

I am new to this so forgive me if the answer to this question is obvious, but I have spent WAY too much time already searching the internet trying to find the answer. I have an interest in a well drilled in Burke County, called the Carlson, drilled by Petro Hunt LLC that was to come off the confidential list 11/11/2012. We have recieved no information from them yet but I would like to follow the daily production for that well. Can I find that information? Where? Also, will I be able to find out what was produced during the 6 month period it was in confidential status? Our leases (divided amongst family members) are Burke County: Section 4: SE 1/4: Township 159 North- Range 94 West. Thank you, in advance, for your help!

Gail. My brother and I own mineral rights to land very close to yours and Petro Hunt will also be drilling the well. Our land is Township 162 N. range 94 W. section 6 east 1/2 west 1/4. I'm sorry I can't answer your question but would greatly appreciate it if you would share that info with me when you find ot as it could give us some idea of what we could expect. I do know output can vary widely from one well to another but it would at least it would give us something to digest while we wait patiently. We are into yhe third year of a five year lease and have been told by Diamond Recources that they will definately be drilling as soon as they have the rig available. I hope it is everything you hoped for and more. If I may ask, how long did you have your lease before they drlled.

Your well initial production of 196 barrels oil 3,840 barrels in August and 2,356 in September for a cumulative of 6,196. Your well is producing alot of water with the oil but that may change. Your well is not producing alot of gas and all of it is being flared off, it wouldn't have added a great deal to your checks when you get them, if the gas was sold. Ms. Varenhorst, not all wells have fantastic initial production. I would say this well will likely produce for many years and the measure of a well is how much it produces before it is plugged. I do not expect the operator to drill another well for you any time soon if ever. I think the operator drilled you a fairly good well with 25 frack stages, probably didn't spend a great deal on the propants because I see no mention of ceramic, just sand frack. The operator has to balance how much they spend on a well against how much they expect it to return, can't blame them, we'd do the same. I found this information with my NDIC O&G Division $50 subscription, which is a great way to keep track of things for me because I have spread out interests. When you start geting checks, they will give you the same information that you could get from the NDIC. I have never found a discrepency between what is reported to the state and what is on my check. If I had only one well I would let my subscription lapse. I hope you have probates done if any are needed and a deed in your name as this will aid you greatly in getting paid royalties. I also saw one contradictory thing, the NDIC has your well as a Bakken and the completion report says the well was completed in the Three Forks. I hope this helps .

Mr. Baanna The wells near you, within 5 miles, drilled by Hess seem to be good steady wells but not impressive. The well 2 spacings west of you has produced 28,549 barrels in about 2 years and seems to have stabilized around 1250 barrels a month. The well south of you seems to have had a little better start, probably because it was put on pump immediately after drilling. The well south of you has produced 10,113 barrels in 2 1/2 months, 5,399 of them in Sept, which is the last month I have data for. I hope this helps. Dennis Baanna said:

Gail. My brother and I own mineral rights to land very close to yours and Petro Hunt will also be drilling the well. Our land is Township 162 N. range 94 W. section 6 east 1/2 west 1/4. I'm sorry I can't answer your question but would greatly appreciate it if you would share that info with me when you find ot as it could give us some idea of what we could expect. I do know output can vary widely from one well to another but it would at least it would give us something to digest while we wait patiently. We are into yhe third year of a five year lease and have been told by Diamond Recources that they will definately be drilling as soon as they have the rig available. I hope it is everything you hoped for and more. If I may ask, how long did you have your lease before they drlled.

Thank you very much Mr. Kennedy. I appreciate the infomation.

r w kennedy said:

Mr. Baanna The wells near you, within 5 miles, drilled by Hess seem to be good steady wells but not impressive. The well 2 spacings west of you has produced 28,549 barrels in about 2 years and seems to have stabilized around 1250 barrels a month. The well south of you seems to have had a little better start, probably because it was put on pump immediately after drilling. The well south of you has produced 10,113 barrels in 2 1/2 months, 5,399 of them in Sept, which is the last month I have data for. I hope this helps. Dennis Baanna said:

Hi Dennis, We signed with Petro-Hunt before our other lease was up and the new lease went into effect spring of 2012 and I think they were already getting ready to drill or had started by then. Prior to that we had 3 year leases with Diamond resources for 6 years and I am not sure how long my mother had leased with them before she died. Nothing ever happened until we leased with Petro-Hunt LLC. I understand that there are now at least two and I think by looking at permits, 3 wells either up or going in on the same pad so I do not know if oly the original well is producing or any/both of the others. I know I once saw daily production totals but have not been able to find where again. I have been just looking at other wells in Burke County and the monthly totals and trying to figure the average production that way. I will probably subscribe to the NDIC newsletter just because I'm curious and also we have no idea when Petro Hunt will be telling us anything even though the confidential status is over. Mr. Kennedy, thank you so much for the information, it has been a big help!

Dennis Baanna said:

Thank you Gail for your resonse. I am greatful to have a network of people that we can go to such as youself and Mr. Kennedy to connect the dots in a very confusing and complicated matter. Good luck in your ventures.

Denny Baanna

Ms Varenhorst and Mr. Baanna, you are both welcome. On the NDIC site there is alot of information under General Statistics. The problem is that there is ALOT of information on all wells and sifting through it to find yours, or any particular well, is alot of work, but it can be done.

Dennis you are welcome if I said anything helpful. I really know next to nothing and just look for information on the internet and when I find anything relating I mostly guess what it means. I do know that the NDIC Oil and Gas Division free site has tons of information which you may already know. Last summer I did a well search there and found out a permit had been applied for on our section, that is how I discovered something was actually going to happen.

Dennis Baanna said:

Thank you Gail for your resonse. I am greatful to have a network of people that we can go to such as youself and Mr. Kennedy to connect the dots in a very confusing and complicated matter. Good luck in your ventures.

Denny Baanna

Gail Varenhorst said:

Dennis you are welcome if I said anything helpful. I really know next to nothing and just look for information on the internet and when I find anything relating I mostly guess what it means. I do know that the NDIC Oil and Gas Division free site has tons of information which you may already know. Last summer I did a well search there and found out a permit had been applied for on our section, that is how I discovered something was actually going to happen. I decided to do another well search last night and there has been another well added in the same location as our first one but it is still in the confidential status. So there are two wells (not three) and I assume the reported production is on the first well.

Dennis Baanna said:

Denny Baanna

Gail. Just curious. Our mineral rights are located approximately 5 miles from Noonan and 7 miles from Canada. I took a bike trip from Shakopee Mn. two years ago to finaly see the property that has been in our family for several decades. It was facinating to actualy see this property and had almost forgotten about it until we had an offer to lease it. Our mineral rights would have expired in just a few months had we not had the offer and we renewed it very quickly. Thanks to the fine folks in Noonan I was able to locate it and set foot on this land. Have you been able to see your property? My brother and I inherited the mineral rights and had never had a reason to drive there but it was exciting to see where my great uncle had at one time had a coal mine on this land and when he passed away, he left it to my mother. Even if we never get a drop of oil out of this, it will be an experience that I'll always remember. I shouldnt use this forum to wax poetic about this but it's fun to chat with other people that are novices like me or experts like Mr. Kennedy. When the well goes up, I can't wait to take another bike trip and have my picture taken by it. As pretentious as that sounds, it will be something that will go into an otherwise pretty dull scrapbook of life.

Denny Baanna

Gail Varenhorst said:

Gail Varenhorst said:

Dennis you are welcome if I said anything helpful. I really know next to nothing and just look for information on the internet and when I find anything relating I mostly guess what it means. I do know that the NDIC Oil and Gas Division free site has tons of information which you may already know. Last summer I did a well search there and found out a permit had been applied for on our section, that is how I discovered something was actually going to happen. I decided to do another well search last night and there has been another well added in the same location as our first one but it is still in the confidential status. So there are two wells (not three) and I assume the reported production is on the first well.

Dennis Baanna said:

Denny Baanna

I think most of us in my family feel close to the same way you do. Because our shares have been handed down through the generations they have been split up into smaller parcels. Because there are more of us all the time our individual acreages are pretty small and none of us expects to get rich. It is just fun to think you own a piece of an oil well. My parents and some of the aunts and uncles took a trip to see the land many years ago but none of us around now have been out there. One of my cousins and I have been talking about a road trip to see the Burke County well and we also have mineral rights on a couple of farms in Rolette County where my grandmother grew up. There is little to no chance the Rolette County land will produce oil but it would be neat to see it. In the mean time, I may try to locate it on Google Earth!

Dennis Baanna said:

Gail. Just curious. Our mineral rights are located approximately 5 miles from Noonan and 7 miles from Canada. I took a bike trip from Shakopee Mn. two years ago to finaly see the property that has been in our family for several decades. It was facinating to actualy see this property and had almost forgotten about it until we had an offer to lease it. Our mineral rights would have expired in just a few months had we not had the offer and we renewed it very quickly. Thanks to the fine folks in Noonan I was able to locate it and set foot on this land. Have you been able to see your property? My brother and I inherited the mineral rights and had never had a reason to drive there but it was exciting to see where my great uncle had at one time had a coal mine on this land and when he passed away, he left it to my mother. Even if we never get a drop of oil out of this, it will be an experience that I'll always remember. I shouldnt use this forum to wax poetic about this but it's fun to chat with other people that are novices like me or experts like Mr. Kennedy. When the well goes up, I can't wait to take another bike trip and have my picture taken by it. As pretentious as that sounds, it will be something that will go into an otherwise pretty dull scrapbook of life.

Denny Baanna

Gail Varenhorst said:

Gail Varenhorst said:

Dennis Baanna said:

Denny Baanna