Custer County offer to buy

My wife has inherited some mineral rights in Custer County, Oklahoma. She has 8.8889 NMA in the NW/4 of Section 23-14N-17W. Yesterday, she got a phone call from a land man who offered to buy it for “around $8,000” total. Is there any activity currently in this area? Thanks for your help!

24N-17W is in Woodward County. Check the description again. Diversified in in 23-24N-17W, so if you have a different description, I can look it up instead.

If your wife just inherited, then she needs to contact the operator of the current well(s) in the section and get into pay status. Diversified Energy is the operator. Let me know if you need their address. She will need to tell them who she inherited from.

She will also need to file her name and address and a copy of the probate or title documents in the Custer County courthouse with the recorder of deeds.

She might also want to check the Treasurer’s office for Unclaimed Funds in the state where her ancestor lived and also Delaware.

In general, there are a lot of buyers in the western part of OK because a new horizontal play is developing in a new reservoir. I never sell when there is the potential for new royalties.

My typing mistake. Her holdings in Custer Co are Northwest Quarter of Section 23, Township 14N, Range 17W.

23-14N-17W Completely different answer on activity, but she does need to file the probate in the right county!

I do not see any wells except a disposal well in 23. BUT There is a rig onsite as of now and Mewbourne is drilling a horizontal well in 35/36 14N-17W just catty corner to you. It is very common for buyers to throw out offers in the surrounding acreage. They have several sets of permits very nearby, so that is why you are getting offers.

On 3/11/24, Toklan O&G filed applications with the OCC to drill 2 horizontal wells in the Red Fork formation through Sec. 23-14N-17W. You should receive these applications in the mail in the next couple of days.

Yes, Okland19 beat me to the applications at the OCC. Case numbers are 2024-000567T and 2024-000569T for the multi-unit horizontals. The Location Exception cases are 2024-000570T and 568T respectively. The Increased Density case is 2024-000571T. If your wife has not filed the documents in the correct county, then she may not get the mailings. Contact the attorney listed on the cases to get on the mailing list.

There is a possibility that they may not space each section at 640 since the yellow outline does not include the entire section 23. Since she is in the NW4 of 23, it may be excluded. Contact the attorney and see what he says. If she is out, then maybe there will be follow up wells with the North half of 23 and section 14. Not sure if there is or is not a fault in 23, but given the line up of the old wells, there may be.

Thank you to Okland19 and M_Barnes for your assistance…we appreciate your help!