Current Status and Projected Production Sec. 3 5N-8W

Does anyone have any details on the current status of the Trace Ranch 3-2H & 3-3H and Thoma 3-1H wells? Is there any future production model available or details on them?

Scott I can find that Trace Ranch in 32-6-8 had a permit some time ago but expired as no sud was issued within the time allotted. Chesapeak was the operator and they have financial problems. If you can say where the tomas 3-1 is located I’ll look up what I can find. Maybe someone else can give you a clearer picture of these two wells.

They are a bit harder to find since the surface location is in 3406N08W Trace Ranch 3-2 H was finished in 2014 with first sales 11/21/2014. EOG sold it to Unit Petroleum 4/26/17. Still active as of April 2018. No gas showing for April on, but they are usually behind a couple of months. In decline for sure. OTC has production numbers. Listed in 34-06N-08W. Slight increase in gas numbers…

Trace Ranch 3-3H was finished in 2014 with first sales 11/24/14. EOG sold it to Unit Petroleum 4/26/17. OTC has production numbers through March. Listed in 3-5N-8W

Thoma 3-1H was finished in 2014 with first sales 11/10/14. EOG sold it to Unit Petroleum 4/26/17. OTC has production numbers through March. Listed in 34-06N-08W

What does OTC stand for? Is there a weblink to where the production is shown?

OTC is the Oklahoma Tax Commission.
https://www2.oktax.onenet.net/GrossProduction/gp_displayPublicPUNListSearchDownload.php

It can give you the last 12 months of production if there is any and tells you quite a bit about the wells. You can request more months for a fee, I believe.

Just an FYI, that URL is a 404 error (meaning not found). However I checked and discovered that the OTCGP Registration system has moved to a new URL of Gross Production Hope this helps someone!

1 Like

Thanks for the update. They do keep moving it around.