Current rate/acre

Does anyone have insight into the current lease price or current sales price per mineral acre in Section 28, Block 55, Loving County?

I received a purchase offer and am trying to determine fair market value.

Thank you, Paul

55 T1 or 55 T2? Or are we in Block 55 of Reeves Cty? (which would be a frown)

I have some insight but I’m not sure what specifically we are talking about. There is production from Sec 28 in either block in Loving.

Lease price? Are you unleased?

Mineral price? Depends on which block but also depends on your royalty rate if you are leased.

Loving is worth a ton per acre either way, but more details would help.

T1, Loving County.

Leased for 3 yrs 2/18. Currently unleashed. Trying to determine if royalties (or our contact info) was lost in the shuffle between Anadarko and Oxy.

Paul

@Paul_anglin Block 55 T1 is a great location and not entirely sure how your interests could be unleased there. Here is a screen shot of Section 28 (northern section) and 33 below. As @NMoilboy mentioned, either way leasing or selling the $$ could be substantial. The acreage is certainly drilled up, so I doubt a buyer will give much $$ towards upside. This would be more along the lines of a PDP valuation, which I would never recommend taking unless it was a last resort. Best times to sell is when there is flush production from operations coming very soon and you have additional acreage that is undrilled. That is if selling was the route you wanted to take. If the interests are in fact unleased, I would accept no less than 25% royalty. Bonus rates could be all over the place though depending on what kind of hard ball the operator wanted to play, but still substantial.

Kyle:

Your map is 56 T1 sec 28 and 33.

Paul:

There are 4 producers in Sec 28 of 55 T1. Two going north into Sec 21 and two south into Sec 28.

In theory they have units set up like this, see below. Sec 28 chopped into 4 units, with those names/wells shown below (Bobcat 55-1-28, Buckeye 55-1-28, Hawks 55-1-28, Rainier 55-1-28). These wells were all spud in 2017, online 2018. So I don’t know how exactly this works with you being leased in 2018 and that lease expiring. You should call Oxy.

1 Like

Ah yes, my mistake and good catch. I guess my comments still stand and as @NMoilboy states, not sure how you’re unleased with those producers in there.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.