Current lease rates

Hello,

Does anyone know what the current lease rates are per acre in Williams County? We had someone contact us yesterday offering $1,000 per acre.

Thank you.

End of 2017 we got 1500$ per acre

1 Like

The lease bonus rates depend upon the royalty rate. You will get more bonus on a 3/16ths lease than a 1/5th lease. But the 1/5th lease will probably pay out more in the long run. Only get the bonus rate once. A well last for years and if you have multiple wells, even better on the return.

1 Like

Rates also depend upon geology, so they will range across the county.

Hi Ms. Barnes - Love your info. I have O & G rights Williams County @ 159N 102W 26Sec We (1/4 of 1/4) have a total 160 acres. They have offered $300/acre for bonus/3 year term/ 18%. My Great Grandfather ML Keen passed it down. Is $300 in the right range? Thank you, my crash course has kind of just filled my head with a mass of data and no real cohesive answer.

That offer is a low ball. I would hold out for more. Also insist on a 20% royalty.

Just accepted $350/acre for 4yr . Divide county. Area is a barren patch judging by the lack of many producing wells in the area (north of Tioga).

Hello all, New to this site. But wanted to ask if anyone knows what the going lease parameters in 159N-102W, 159N-103W area’s? I do not have exact description as inherited mineral acres and have been approached on a lease for 4 yrs with 2 year option, 17.25 royalty, at 330 per net mineral acres, is this in line or low etc. appreciate the help.

If anyone knows of a website or place to get data on lease rate averages by county or something like that I would like to be enlightened. Thanks

Your offer doesn’t differ that much from what are getting/offered T160N . we got a little more per acre, longer term and slightly less royalty rate. And yes I always thought of it as a barren patch. One “good” well somewhat NE, but sparsely drilled.

Have rights in T157N and have offer of $3000 per acre and 20% royalty, 3 yr. ,took a while, but is worth time to talk with several different company’s.

I hope to hear something regarding my property in Williams County. Seems like things are picking up with the posts I’ve seen lately. T157 R103 S15. Hope Springs Eternal.

We have acreage in 159/102 and just received an offer for $375 bonus, 18% with a 4 year lease with a 2 year option. Any thoughts on this?

We have mineral rights in 159/103 and signed an offer in February 2019 for $350 bonus/acre with 18% royalty. We elected to accept a 3 year lease with a 2 year renewal for an additional $350 bonus/acre … rather than one bonus/acre of $375 for 5 years with 18.75% royalty

This may sound dumb, but do you get a bonus payment again in 2 years?

Yes we do … it is in our lease.

where about in the 159/103 are you located? we have some also in this area.

Section 23 … where are you located? are you currently under contract?