Current Lease Bonus Rates in McKenzie County

New to leasing mineral rights - where do I find information on current bonus rates/net acre, so I can negotiate our lease with current information? Thank you!

It really depends on a whole range of factors, but primarily where your property is and what is nearby. You are likely to get some suggestions on here unteathered by current reality. However, there are a couple of frequent commentators on here who do know what they are talking about. If and when he comments, I think you will immediately know. I’d give the name, except I know that annoys him. LOL.

Thank you. Mineral rights are in Township 154N R 96W Sect 28-29-32-33

John Murray said:

It really depends on a whole range of factors, but primarily where your property is and what is nearby. You are likely to get some suggestions on here unteathered by current reality. However, there are a couple of frequent commentators on here who do know what they are talking about. If and when he comments, I think you will immediately know. I'd give the name, except I know that annoys him.
LOL.

P. Taylor
You might want to research your mineral holdings by searching land description at:
https://land.nd.gov/minerals/mineralapps/lease/leasesearch.aspx
Make sure you own what you think you own. If there are mineral acres underwater in Lake Sakakawea you will find the State of North Dakota has taken possession of them.
Welcome to the club!

Thank you for the heads up!

We have just found out that we (sibs and cousin) may have a small unleased area in Section 15 or 22 or 23, Township 151 North, Range 97 West, McKenzie County. Does anyone know what the average rate is for the leasing bonus and what kind of royalty is typically negotiated? Any guidance appreciated. We may have to be ready to negotiate this week so I am trying to get a handle on some typical counter-offers. Thanks!