Current Bonuses In Grimes County

Presumably this is a recurring issue - current bonuses being paid in Grimes County. Have recently been approached by two companies offering $500-600 per acre bonus. However, another landman verbally stated bonuses have generally reached the $1,000-1200 level in the Grimes County/Brazos County areas. Does anyone have any information about what is presently being paid?

As a collateral matter, I assume that the royalty being paid in the area has not yet reached the 25% level - remains for the most part at 20%. If that is incorrect, please advise.

Thanks!

Dear Jack,

Last lease that I had anything to do with in Grimes Cty. was north of $1500 and 1/4 royalty, on a very strong lease form. There is another getting ready to happen on the same terms.

Best

Buddy Cotten

Thanks, Buddy. Will use that information during our discussions with the companies.

Buddy - when I sought a bonus at $1500 per acre, the landman told me the going rate in central Grimes County (Carlos/Roans Prairie area along Hwy 30) is $800 per acre bonus/25% royalty. The landman said its possible $1500/acre was being paid across the Navasota River in Brazos County where the interest is greater.

Are you at liberty to state where in Grimes County you/others were offered the $1500/acre? Thanks.

This was in Grimes, close to the Navasota, but well in Grimes County. As to central Grimes, I do not know what unrepresented landowners are receiving.

Buddy

Thanks. BTW, how do professionals that represent mineral owners in lease negotiations charge for their services? A percentage of the bonus or some other method?

Buddy Cotten said:

This was in Grimes, close to the Navasota, but well in Grimes County. As to central Grimes, I do not know what unrepresented landowners are receiving.

Buddy