Current average lease rates

Hello I have recently been contacted about leasing a section of my mineral rights in Williams county. Was curious to see if anyone knows what the current lease averages per acre and royalty percentages are. Thank you.

Welcome to the forum.

You need to give at least a township and range, preferably section. The county is large with varying quality of reservoir which affects the offers.

159N-101W sec 34 thank you

Lease bonus amounts are not generally public. Someone on the forum may have an offer nearby. I do not see any newly filed leases in your section. I see a few over in sec 36 two miles to the east. They were for 3/16ths. State of North Dakota leased to various grantees back in 2022 for five years.

If you have never leased before, it would be wise to get a good oil and gas attorney to look at any draft lease as they are generally not in the mineral owner’s favor and need some significant changes. You are not looking at just one well, but the possibility of a whole set of infill wells that can hold your family for decades, so wise work at the beginning can really pay off.