Curious about activity in the area

Any drilling activity close to C.M. Jones survey A-448? My family owns royalty interests in the area. We heard there is a lot of activity in Leon county. Any insights will be greatly appreciated. If there is drilling nearby does that make the property more valuable that is involved where we have interests? We are new to this and want more information. We live in Nevada.

You can learn a lot about the activity in Leon County by reading the prior posts in the Leon County section.

Regarding the CM Jones A-448 Survey, Comstock recently permitted (approved 9/28/2023) their WA Harrison 1H well, and the horizontal runs northwest to southeast through the entire length of the Jones Survey. I assume it does not include any of the mineral rights you own, because you would have been contacted for a lease.

Here’s a link to the permit for this well. If you click on the “map” icon next to the API#, it will bring up a map showing the path of the wellbore.

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/DP/drillDownQueryAction.do?name=HARRISON%2BWA&fromPublicQuery=Y&univDocNo=496361088

Also, if you click on the three P-12 File Path links at the bottom of the permit, you will see the mineral owners’ tracts that are included in the drilling unit for this well.

1 Like

The thing is, they probably don’t know how to get a hold of any members of my family because there have been name changes and marriages and divorces. I just found out that we own these rights. My dad has had a reservation since 1963.

You are so kind to give me this information. I thank you very much.

Alan, does that make my acreage more valuable since they just started a new well on the survey that we own mineral rights on? Is the survey divided into areas? I am new to this and do not know anything. I appreciate your time in answering my questions.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.