Culberson County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

There are separators on location that literally separate the oil from the gas from water. Oil and water normally goes to separate tanks for eventual trucking (unless there are oil and water pipelines in place) and the gas to a pipeline or flare stack

Thanks again.

Are most gas wells “tied-in” directly into pipelines? or, is it possible for gathering to be done by truck whereby the truck then transports the product to pipelines? If so, what percentage of wells are tied-in to pipelines? Would like to know the basics on this. Thanks anyone!

I would say that 99.9% of gas production goes into pipelines / transmission lines. The technology is there to truck out the gas in pressurizing truck mounted tanks, but from what I have seen, this is VERY expensive.

Normally, if no pipeline is available and / or there is not enough gas to merit the cost of building a pipeline connection, the gas is flared.

Infrastructure continuing to grow in Reeves/Culberson… Later – Buzz

EagleClaw Midstream to acquire PennTex Permian

[http://www.mrt.com/business/oil/article_dbd03944-5ffc-11e6-878a-7b7...](http://www.mrt.com/business/oil/article_dbd03944-5ffc-11e6-878a-7b76b2910321.html)

See the discussion in Reeves about the Apache announcement -

http://www.mineralrightsforum.com/group/reeves-county-tx-oil-gas

Would someone be able to explain this “gas” ratio (27,043 /225.36) (Volume/share) as it appears on my check invoice? It expresses a volume, OK, I get that; but a share?

Lamont – I bet that would indicate your share (i.e., Net Royalty Interest or ‘NRI’ they call it). The 225.36 would be your share of the total quantity of 27,043. Is your NRI something like 0.00833333? A way of checking is to multiplay 225.36 times the price per unit of gas, e.g., say times 2.75 per Mcf, or thereabouts, that should equal your share. Later – Buzz

OK, I get it. Thanks Buzz.

I read an article this morning that discussed oil shale and shale oil. Oil shale, the article said, was more like mining, because the kerogen is sort of mined then heated to make the oil. Shale oil, the article said, was oil that was trapped in the cracks and then brought out by fracking. In Culberson County, which is the case? Anyone have any thoughts, ideas, knowledge about this?

Decreased in royalty proceeds.

I thought I had a lease with Cimarex then last summer it was split between Cimarex and Chevron

I am on Section 40 and Block 59 with 43acres and 21 1/2 nma

1-Dear Forum members; does anyone has seen an increase in their royalty checks in the last 4 months? I have not seen an increase even though the price of barrel of oil are going up since last summer.

2-Can some one explain how to read the details or the breakdown on the checks?

Every revenue check is different - but the key that you should be looking at are the production volumes of oil, gas and NGL’s as shown on the check stub.

The wells in this area will have a steep decline curve over time - so even with higher prices, net proceeds will be less as the volumes decrease.

Decreasing in royalty proceeds

Happy New Year everyone! Our group owns minerals and surface in Sec. 18, Blk 61 T2 and Sec. 36, Blk 62 T2 in Culberson. We just received a lease offer for $800/acre. Anyone else getting lease offers and for how much per acre?

I have an offer of $1,650/acre from Charger in AB 4062 Block 42 Sec 46.

I believe the acreage is around 28 miles SW of Orla. I understand that Charger has completed one well and drilled four others in the block, awaiting completion.

I have contiguous acreage south, that Charger chose not to lease. As such, I hope their wells do great as I would like to demand a higher bonus. Just being an optimist!

Either infill drilling in the same bench or new wells in different benches may be the root cause behind the new permitting efforts

Oh, I see. So the concept of doing wells at different depths means that you could possible have 8 wells and 5500 and 8 wells at 11000 underneath the previous wells? Is that what you meant by “bench”?

My question had been with respect to Block 58T1 Section 46 so I deleted it and am correcting the record here for the sake of the comment string making sense.

Thanks for doing that - I should have put a reference comment in my replies. These blogs are hard to follow as to certain threads

Suggest you look at investor presentations for various Delaware Basin operators (public companies) - these should show a schematic representation of various benches and horizons

Is there an average EUR for these wells in Culberson that are now producing 400 BOD along with a lot of gas? What might one expect?