Culberson County Surface Rights

I have a property in Section 5 of Block 112 in Culberson County, TX. It is in the NW4 and of the NE4 of the section. The northern property line sits on the Section and Block line. Great access and only .25 miles from a paved HWY. I am in talks with Capitan Energy/Antelope on purchasing my surface rights. They already own both tracts on either side of me. I would like to know how much per acre I can get. I have read others in this forum and seen anywhere from $700/$3,000 an acre as well as some people recommending to seek much higher. Capitan has an active and producing gas well that is either on or just off my property line. It is James Fee 6 H (API 109-33099). I am not familiar with oil and gas production so I’m seeking advice on a sale price or if leasing would even be an option and how that would work. Any advice would be helpful! Thank you all in advance.

Hello, I have property in Section 16 Block 114. Do you still have your property?

Yes, we still have our property.

Did you ever sell your property?

No we didn’t sell. We have decided not to at this time.

1 Like

Any drilling going on in sections 6 or 36 t&p ry co. survey, block 64, T-2 or in Sections 36 & 48 t&p ry, co. survey, block 65, T-1? Thanks. Culberson County, TX.

Hello, are you close to Section 16 Block 114?

Hello Rick5, I’m looking for help with surface rights in Culberson County Section 16 Block 114. Did you ever get any help with you land?

Did you happen to purchase your land from USA land sales in early 2000"s?

Nothing much going on in that area. Wouldn’t expect to see much in the near future as well.

Was there something in particular you were looking for in regards to surface rights?