Crockett County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Oil & gas discussion group for those interested in Crockett County, TX. Share your experience regarding lease bonus, royalty rates, drilling activity, and oil & gas news.

my play is in sutton county not to far away from crockett....i am excited to hear about this wolfcamp/permian news i study all the time each day on the web! anyfed back i do have several one mile sections not under lease!

Still looking for a Certified Public Landman who can help me out with my royalties in Ozona, Texas..

Thanks my email is sgant1956@gmail.com sally

I am new to this forum and would like to pose a few questions to the members with the hopes of gaining information that would be of use to me. I am not sure how specific I should be with the information that I provide, but if anyone would be so kind to respond to my questions I will be happy to give you more details.

My Aunt has mineral rights to land in both Crockett and Upton counties. She recently received an offer to lease mineral interests on her property.

It is for approximately 33 Net mineral acres. The offer is for $125 per net mineral acre for a 3 year term with a 1/5 royalty. There is also an option for a 2 year extension at $75 per net mineral acre. Although at first glance this offer seems rather low to me, I really have no evidence to back this up. Can anyone of you knowledgeable members offer an opinion on this? As I mentioned, I am reluctant to mention the details because I am not sure of the protocol of the forum. I will provide more info when prompted.

The landman that made the offer also mentioned that there are companies interest in outright purchase of mineral rights. He said that companies would pay double the amount of the lease offer ($250 per acre). Again that seems very low to me. I have read some comments on the forum recommending against selling mineral rights. I know my aunt has mineral rights to over 1,200 acres in Crockett county and an additional amount of acreage (unsure of exact amount) in Upton County.

I apologize for the length of this comment. I look forward to any responses that you will be kind enough to leave. I am located out of state and looking for any help that I can get in order to make a good decision in the matter.

Here are the online reports from the Abilene, Odessa, and Midland papers. The Midland paper is probably the best, but has not updated for a couple weeks for some reason.

Abilene: http://www.reporternews.com/news/2012/sep/09/oil-report-992012/

Midland: http://www.mywesttexas.com/business/oil/ (scroll down)

Odessa: http://www.oaoa.com/sections/permian-basin-drilling-report/

there is also much deeper 16,000' old straight hole production from the fusselman an montoya zones. big gas wells.

Hello, I am looking to lease 5-10 acres of land off Highway 163, north of 190 for the purpose of possibly placing a commercial disposal well. Please call me at 512-791-2499.

Hello...I am looking to lease and/or buy 5-10 acres of land, preferably off a major highway or county road for the purpose of possibly obtaining a permit for a saltwater disposal well. Three (3) phase nearby would be a huge plus. Please text/call Tim Terry at 512-791-2499

Hello...I am looking to lease and/or buy 5-10 acres of land, preferably off a major highway or county road for the purpose of possibly obtaining a permit for a saltwater disposal well. Three (3) phase nearby would be a huge plus. Please text/call Tim Terry at 512-791-2499

The following is a sponsored (paid) promotional notice:

If you own minerals in Texas or New Mexico, consider attending the NARO – Texas convention in San Antonio July 18-20, 2018. They have a great agenda, good speakers, and the cost is reasonable. This year also includes a special session for New Mexico mineral owners. The current agenda draft is attached, and a link to their signup and information page is http://www.naro-us.org/event-2824234

Attachment: 2018-04-30%20-%20NARO-TX%20Convention%20Agenda%20%28Hyatt%29%20invite.pdf