Creek County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Cimarex just applied for Increased density, Spacing and location Exception for 21-14N-9W on 6/23/14. Spacing was for the Mississippian and the Hunton.

Thank you, M Barnes. I am from NJ and I do not understand what the Mississippian and the Hunton mean. Testing was done on 21-14N-9 over a year ago by Eagle Land and Mineral but they will no tell me what is going on. Thank you again--Hildy

Hilda, if you have acreage in 21-14N-9W, you should be getting paid on the Hobson 1-21H well. It was drilled in 2011. It is a Woodford well, mostly gas. Questar Drilled it. It was still producing in Feb 2014, the newest public data.

The new spacing will be for different horizons. I am attaching a stratigraphic column so you can see how they relate. The Hunton is older than the Devonian Woodford and the Mississippian is younger. I suspect a new well permit will come next. Then you will know if the well is for the Woodford or the other two reservoirs.

1 Like

Creek: Pantera Energy Co.; Gear No. 1-8H Well; NW1/4 SW1/4 SW1/4 SE1/4 (SL) of 08-18N-08E; 643 barrels oil per day, 517,000 cu-ft gas per day: Horizontal Hole TD 7,424.

Pantera Energy Co.; Gear SWD No. 1 Well; SW1/4 NW1/4 SW1/4 SE1/4 of 08-18N-08E; TD 4,935.

CREEK 12-17N-10E

Anyone know of any activity in Sec. 12? When I go to the database I get 44 results for 17N 10E but don't know how to interpret the results. There are some names listed - Meyers, Harris are those owners names? How do I find out if any of these wells are in production?

https://www4.oktax.onenet.net/GrossProduction/PublicSearchPUNbyLegal.php

Meghan try this and I'll check on you when I get back from town.

Thanks, Ron. That gave me two active Natural Gas wells, both with an active date of 6-25-1990. One has the name Harris attached to it, which was my grandmother's name - I inherited the mineral rights from her. Does this mean that someone may be producing natural gas from her lease? I haven't been contacted by anyone.

Meghan what part of 12 are you in ?

I'm in 17N, 10E

You are in section 12 of 17n-10e.

http://jay.law.ou.edu/faculty/Hampton/Mineral%20Title%20Examination/Spring%202012/Legal%20Land%20Descriptions%20in%20OK_Kletke.pdf

Hi Ron,

The full legal description is The North Half of the Northeast Quarter in Section 12, Township 17 North, Range 10 East. Does that help?

I will see what i can find later today .

Meghan The harris tr5 well is in ne4 of 12 and has a little production . I can not tell if you are under this well. Can not find info on location in ne4 or spacing of well.

Meghan

You might be eligible for payments on Annie Meyer A-2 Tr1API 35-037-23845. It was productive through Feb 2014 which is the newest posted. API # 35-037-23845. Denham is the operator, Enerfin is the transportation co.

http://imaging.occeweb.com/OG/Well%20Records/00000021/OCC_OG_1I8B39B_3UUHKDA.pdf Is the original ticket. It was shut in, but is productive now. It is in the center of S/2 NW NE of 12.

The other one is the Harris Tr 5 Unit. Denham is the operator. First prod is June 1990 (opened old wells). I don't think you are in this one since it is in the NW4 SW4 NE4. It is a really old set of wells (1927) that are very shallow and probably before spacing, but you could certainly ask Denham.

Thanks to both of you. I will try to contact Denham.

On July 11th, Pantera Energy filed notice that they intent to drill a horizontal well in Creek County S20-7N-9E.

If you mean 20-17N-9E, then it is probably for the Wheeler #1-20H which goes from south to north. Another well, the Case #1-29H is spudding in 20 near the same pad and going South into 29.

my bad. Case #1-29H is in 20-17N-9E. So what do you make of these horizontal wells in Creek County?

I think the horizontal wells are great! Most of them are to the Mississippi Lime with a couple more also permitted to the Woodford. The Wheeler is the first one to be completed at 317 bbls oil per day and 449 mcf gas in the Miss. The horizontal drilling is quite different from the vertical and you have to think about the leasing differently.

For those of you who are getting lease offers or sale offers, be cautious, but happy. You might want to go over and read the last six months on the Stephens, Garvin and Grady county sites. Horizontals have been going like crazy there so you can get some tips about leasing. It is NOT about the bonus, it is a long term-30 year strategy, so the royalty is very important. Spacing is different, etc. There are some particular clauses that you need to be very certain to keep an eye on.

US Energy Development Corp and Panterra seem to be the main players in Creek whereas Continental, Newfield and Marathon are the big players in the SCOOP (Stephens, Garvin, Grady) Those three know what they are doing! USNRG and Pan are probably keeping a close eye on the techniques.

USNRG has experience in the Bakken and in the Buda Lime in Tx, so they have background in both rock types.

Pantera is pretty experienced in OK. http://panteraenergy.com/index.php?page=vision

http://usnrg.com/sites/default/files/pdf/US_Energy_Corp_Current_IR_Presentation.pdf

Iam getting some leasing action in Creek County Sec14-T14N-7E, Sec 30-T14N-7E, Sec 33-T14N-7E Troubador Energy is leasing, anybody else getting action there? Also Sec 28-T16N-7E leasing offers from Universal Land Services anybody know whats goin on there?