Creek County - 22-16N-9E

I am helping my elderly mother with her mineral rights holdings and she just received an offer for her Creek county 22-16N-9E from H.L. Gaston III Oil Properties. Her NMA is very small and they are offering her $85 lease bonus and 3/16th royalty. The lease bonus seems low to me, but I’m relatively new to helping her and still learning. She and her brother used to discuss the offers they received (properties were inherited from their parents), but unfortunately he died last year. I’ve stepped into his role and it has been an adventure. Any input/insight would be greatly appreciated.

From what I can tell with the recent activity around your mom’s property, $85 | 3/16 seems to be a pretty fair offer. However, that’s not to say you can’t try to negotiate it higher. It might even been worth reaching out to Archibald to possibly get a competing offer to H.L. They seem to be the active operator in that Township.

You section is in blue. The closest 3/16th royalty comp is highlighted in green.

There’s also a 7/23/18 Pooling order by Archibald for that same section in green. $100 for 1/8 & $75 for 3/16th.

Beyond the bonus/royalty, the terms of the lease are just as important. If you’re not experienced in dealing with those, be sure to reach back out on here for tips and help.

2 Likes

Thank you, bhiggins! I appreciate the information and feel much better about the offer. I’ll talk to mom about reaching out to Archibald.

I’m still reading the forums to get up to speed on lease terms and what is important to have/add in each lease. It can be overwhelming at first. :dizzy_face: Any information you could provide would be much appreciated.