CPA to handle Mineral Sale taxes?

I’m selling a good chunk of producing rights and will need to find a good CPA to handle the determination of the taxable amount of long term capital gains. The holdings are in a corporation.

Appreciate recommendations members have experience with.

James Francis, CPA senior partner Johnson Miller and Co Offices in Midland and Hobbs NM 575 393 2171

Our CPA is Melynda Smith - Bailey, Smith & Associates near Dallas. She’s also an attorney as well as a CPA. Tell her Rick recommended her to you. 972-228-0290.

Bob, have you reviewed the tax implications of the sale prior to signing the purchase agreement? Depending on your situation, it may be advisable to do so. That way, you know all of the variables before getting locked into a bad deal.

Not to worry. Lots of research was involved before hand. Each person’s situation if unique.

I use CPA Jerry E Hoover in Lubbock, TX and I am very pleased with him. He knows his stuff. (806) 745-9995

Appreciate the recommendations.