Courbet Lease help

Slowly getting my footing. We received another check for additional wells. I know this shows complete ignorance but how do we found out what are rights include? Is it based on a section? For example, 16-15-9XHM notes 2,560 acres and a location of 09 01S 03W.
The only paperwork we have is a request to complete W-9 as their records indicated we may have interest in a Continental well. Thank you

Next month you will probably get checks for a few more wells depending on where your interest is. The Courbet wells are horizontal wells drilled diagonally on a nw to se direction and cover portions of 3 or 4 sections. The spacings vary so it is complicated to say the least.

Virginia,

Don’t get frustrated trying to figure out the ownership/distribution of the Courbet wells. They (and the Allied which initially established a piece of one formation’s spacing) are way more difficult for a person with little experience to figure out. Even the spacing in the Sycamore and Woodford are different. Even if you only own in one tract, your royalty interests should be different in all 16 Courbet wells, if owning in each. It’s very complicated compared to most.

What is the best way to learn about owning minerals for beginners. I inherited and have no idea what all was included.

Welcome to the oil and gas world! The Mineral Help tab above is a good starting point.

The National Association of Royalty Owners (www.naro-us.org) is a good organization. They have local chapters in the mineral owning states or regions. They hold conventions, webinars, townhalls, classes, etc. for mineral owners. The Oklahoma chapter holds its convention in the Apr/May time frame every year. Excellent place to talk to folks on the forum, meet other mineral owners and hear talks from experts in the field.

Matt Sands, one of the chapter presidents has excellent tutorials on UTube.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.