Cost of Deed Transfer into Trust

I have consulted an attorney to transfer the gas and oil deed into a trust for WV, does anyone have an idea of costs related to doing this? I received an estimate and was quit surprised, however, I am not versed on how/what this takes and maybe it is a fair price. Thank you

I’m following your question because my family will do the same thing. Does the trust need to be in WV where the mineral rights are located ? Our family does not live in WV . Are you planning to have the trust be for the mineral rights only ? Also should the lawyer doing the trust be specialized in mineral rights , seems like that would be a good idea .

1 Like

There’s a lot variables to your question. One could prepare and file the doccument on their own for whatever the county charges to file a doccument. Depending on the attorney, they might charge you $175-300 an hour. Without knowing how complex the deeds and trust are, it would probably take an attorney 2-3 hours to do it? If you are wanting them to run title on it/verify your interests, then thats a whole new ball game.