Core Resources release

An outfit named Core Resources in Norman is apparently seeking release of existing leases on Addison 15-1 in 15-13N-7W. Is there now renewed interest in drilling in Sec 15? Chaparral/Canvas applied for permits for 3 new wells there a few years ago, but I’m told they subsequently abandoned those plans.

Core Resources has sent me a new lease offer which is contingent on the release of the extant one, but I’m interested to know more about exactly what might be planned for 15-13N-7W. Does anyone here have any independent information in this regard? I like to be as informed as possible before I sign on any dotted lines. Thanks in advance!

Since the section is surrounded by horizontal wells, someone probably does have an interest in future drilling. I tend to wait on these sorts of issues and let the leases get released before thinking about any new ones. Also, I recommend that an attorney look at any new draft leases as they usually need quite a bit of editing to be more mineral owner friendly. No new OCC cases are filed yet.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.