Converse County, WY - SOUTH HYLTON RANCH UNIT

Anything going on in the SOUTH HYLTON RANCH unit in Converse County Wyoming?

Jan,

There is a fair amount of drilling and permit activity in some portions of Converse County. However, there is virtually none in other parts of the county. Do you know the township and range of this unit? If so, it can be looked up on the map at the WY O&G Comm. website: www.WOGCC.state.wy.us

TOWNSHIP 34 NORTH, RANGE 74 WEST SECTION 05: S/2

Eastern MT said:

Jan,

There is a fair amount of drilling and permit activity in some portions of Converse County. However, there is virtually none in other parts of the county. Do you know the township and range of this unit? If so, it can be looked up on the map at the WY O&G Comm. website: www.WOGCC.state.wy.us

Jan,

First of all, I gave an improper web address. Drop the "www" and instead use http://WOGCC.state.wy.us/

I took a look for your legal description on their map. The map function and/or my computer didn't work the way it should so I only got a quick overview. What I saw didn't show much activity near your tract at this time.

Though in general Converse is heating up. There is new drilling activity near Douglas and to the north east of you. If some of these wells pan out then the activity should expand. Hopefully you'll see it extend your way.

Thanks for the info. according to our leasor the drilling is suppose to continue every 2-1/2 months on a new tract in our area? Where to you go on this website to see activity? Thanks again.

Eastern MT said:

Jan,

First of all, I gave an improper web address. Drop the "www" and instead use http://WOGCC.state.wy.us/

I took a look for your legal description on their map. The map function and/or my computer didn't work the way it should so I only got a quick overview. What I saw didn't show much activity near your tract at this time.

Though in general Converse is heating up. There is new drilling activity near Douglas and to the north east of you. If some of these wells pan out then the activity should expand. Hopefully you'll see it extend your way.

Jan,

New info to correct the prior post. When you get to the website, click on the cowboy icon next to "WEEKLY". Then if you click on "PERMITS" a small state map appears with colored dots. Move your mouse over a dot to see where it is. Click on those in the Converse Co area and you'll find Chesapeake filed for a drilling permit near your minerals.

They just filed for permission to drill Sec 7 nenw, in T34 R74. That is just a half mile from yours in Sec 5. Also not too far away was one well "COMPLETION" reported by Chesapeake. They reported a well in Sec 15, T35 R73. So unlike what I posted earlier, you are already in the midst of it.

Typically the "MAP Server" is a handy way to check an area. I made another attempt on the map and it still did not work right. Don't know if the problem is on my end or theirs. Though (when properly functioning) if you click on it, then click on the "Township & Range" function it will show all the permits and wells in your particular township. Though this is not working for me today. If that function works for you, it may be the easiest way to check how things are progressing near your property. Hope some of this helps.

Thank you very much, this will be helpful!

Eastern MT said:

Jan,

New info to correct the prior post. When you get to the website, click on the cowboy icon next to "WEEKLY". Then if you click on "PERMITS" a small state map appears with colored dots. Move your mouse over a dot to see where it is. Click on those in the Converse Co area and you'll find Chesapeake filed for a drilling permit near your minerals.

They just filed for permission to drill Sec 7 nenw, in T34 R74. That is just a half mile from yours in Sec 5. Also not too far away was one well "COMPLETION" reported by Chesapeake. They reported a well in Sec 15, T35 R73. So unlike what I posted earlier, you are already in the midst of it.

Typically the "MAP Server" is a handy way to check an area. I made another attempt on the map and it still did not work right. Don't know if the problem is on my end or theirs. Though (when properly functioning) if you click on it, then click on the "Township & Range" function it will show all the permits and wells in your particular township. Though this is not working for me today. If that function works for you, it may be the easiest way to check how things are progressing near your property. Hope some of this helps.

JAN GAGE said:

Thank you very much, this will be helpful!

Eastern MT said:

Jan,