Contracts

January, 20ll I signed a lease with continental resources for $1000 an acre for 3 years with a option for 2 more years. Was this a good price for this area in dewey county (sect.14,16N,16W)?Also has anyone had a bad experience with continental resources? Thanks, ed

Ed That is alot better than we got about 3 years ago. We got $175 an acre and had no idea of play going on. Ours is also with Cont. res. they drilled last year and we have a producing well in Sec 1,16n 14w Dewey county. Took almost 8 months to get first check but is nice to see something every month. Have no complaints with them. When they were drilling and we visited the well site CR people were good to talk to us. Good Luck.

Hey ed, I received alittle more than that when i signed in 2010, ,I went with Samson. Also my minerals are in 11-16-16 right across the road and also 25-16-16. What was your %. . It took some neg. but with my brothers having minerals in those sections we were able to get more $. They started off at $900. with 3/16 ths. and it was like dealing with a car salesman!!! Ha,, back and forth.

My % was also 3/16ths Also, on 7-16 i received a letter from Aegis Energy Partners, to buy all or some of my mineral rights. They offered $1,600 a acre, what morons. Have you received such a letter?

heather b said:

Hey ed, I received alittle more than that when i signed in 2010, ,I went with Samson. Also my minerals are in 11-16-16 right across the road and also 25-16-16. What was your %. . It took some neg. but with my brothers having minerals in those sections we were able to get more $. They started off at $900. with 3/16 ths. and it was like dealing with a car salesman!!! Ha,, back and forth.

Hey Ed, We did get a 1/5th. I also received a letter from them along with about 10 other places wanting to buy . Why sell when you can get more from your lease. You see the post on the activity i sent. I drove up around there the other day and still nothing going on. I will keep you posted if I see anything.

ed said:

My % was also 3/16ths Also, on 7-16 i received a letter from Aegis Energy Partners, to buy all or some of my mineral rights. They offered $1,600 a acre, what morons. Have you received such a letter?

heather b said:

Heather, do you know a Mr. Gleeson, he owns the land next to us. He used to rent our acres from us for his cattle and raised soybeans or corn on 40 acres but that was in the eighties, since then we sold the land but kept mineral rights.

heather b said:

Hey Ed, We did get a 1/5th. I also received a letter from them along with about 10 other places wanting to buy . Why sell when you can get more from your lease. You see the post on the activity i sent. I drove up around there the other day and still nothing going on. I will keep you posted if I see anything.

ed said:

heather b said:

Ed, yes i know him. He leases land from my brother now. He ownes land in 11-16-16. Our dad passed away 4 years ago.See him all the time!!!

Hi Heather, is Mr. Gleeson oil wells still produceing? Back in the eighties my mom (Dorothy) and me went to Ok, to see the oil well on are land. We stop by to see Mr. Gleeson but he wasn't home but his daughter or daughter in law was there and her young daughter I believe was there and invited us in and we visited, she was real nice. Mr Gleeson and Mom had a good relationship, but my aunt Mary owns the land now and she and Mr Gleeson didn't get along, but I know it wasn't his fault, my aunt is hard headed and a nut SMILE. Do you think a oil company could still drill on the land even though the oil well didn't produce enough to keep it running the last time and it was shut down? I know there is still oil on land and would hope someone would re-drill deeper to get it. Hopefully Tell the Gleeson's I said Hello Ed Lyles

heather b said:

Ed, yes i know him. He leases land from my brother now. He ownes land in 11-16-16. Our dad passed away 4 years ago.See him all the time!!!