Continental Resources Royalty Deductions in ND?

had trouble with continental last year. thought it was resolved. then, last month received a check with 4k in deductions. no explanation. no code in the “deduction” column. continental will not return calls, nor return emails. my attorney even called last year and no return call. does anyone else have this problem? i have a lot of small mineral rights in nd. i think 7 wells with contres. thanks. kitzel

It sounds like Chesapeake may have bought them out!

called an attorney’s office in williston today and was told that most law firms do business with the oil companies so they don’t take cases from people with problems with the oil companies. what is wrong with this picture. no wonder continental does not respond. they hold all the cards. did chesapeake leave north dakota

Try Pringle & Herigstad in Minot. They have done some Lease work for me and they advertise the same.

kitzel braatelien said:

called an attorney's office in williston today and was told that most law firms do business with the oil companies so they don't take cases from people with problems with the oil companies. what is wrong with this picture. no wonder continental does not respond. they hold all the cards. did chesapeake leave north dakota

thanks so much. it is so difficult living out of state. appreciate the advice.

Lynn B said:

Try Pringle & Herigstad in Minot. They have done some Lease work for me and they advertise the same.

kitzel braatelien said:
called an attorney's office in williston today and was told that most law firms do business with the oil companies so they don't take cases from people with problems with the oil companies. what is wrong with this picture. no wonder continental does not respond. they hold all the cards. did chesapeake leave north dakota

Your welcome kitzel! Pringles # is toll free at 1-800-735-4064 We used Brent Olson. Just to prepare you, this does cost a fair amount of money. But in the long run it should pay off for you. In our case we negotiated the terms prior to getting legal involved but Brent will negotiate on your behalf also. The advantage of that is the fact that these guys see many offers and settlements and have good knowledge of what is a fair value for the area that you are leasing in.

Lynn

kitzel braatelien said:

thanks so much. it is so difficult living out of state. appreciate the advice.

Lynn B said:

kitzel braatelien said:

Sorry I had to go back and reread your original post. You are not leasing but having issues with payment. Anyway they should be able to help.

Lynn