Continental Resources – October 2026 Drilling Updates

Hello everyone,

I’m starting a new discussion to follow Continental Resources’ drilling activity in Section 5, Township 3 South, Range 4 West, Stephens County, Oklahoma.

My wife inherited approximately 0.8334 net mineral acres in this section. She signed an oil-and-gas lease with Continental Resources in March 2025. We’ve recently noticed a substantial increase in unsolicited offers to purchase her mineral rights, which prompted us to start researching the area. We’re not interested in selling, just learning more about what is happening.

I found an earlier discussion here involving other owners in the same section:

Since that discussion, Continental has filed several September 2026 applications with the Oklahoma Corporation Commission:

  • CD2026-003344 — Horizontal drilling and spacing

  • CD2026-003351 — Multiunit horizontal well

  • CD2026-003352 — Well location exception

These appear to involve the proposed Darcy Trust 4-4-31XHW horizontal well, with Section 5 included in the proposed development.

I’m hoping to connect with other mineral owners who may have more information about the current status.

Has anyone received recent notices, found an approved drilling permit, or seen evidence of site preparation or drilling? I’m also interested in whether additional wells are being planned for Section 5.

We’re relatively new to understanding the oil-and-gas industry and would appreciate any information or insight from others familiar with this area.

I’ll share any significant updates we uncover from the Oklahoma Corporation Commission records as well.

Thanks!