Contango Royalties not being paid

The Estate Trust I manage has interests in 162 wells in Andrews County, Texas which were acquired by Contango effective Jan 1. 2022. We are not getting paid royalties despite weekly calls to CONTANGO management. I do not use the owner relations line because it is worthless. I have been paid for Jan and February oil runs and some ?? Of March. This is September. I am told the problem is a software problem with EAG who does their distribution.

I have been promised checks numerous times to no avail. I have compared the past two years of production to the 3 months on production which is provided on Energy Link. They have not provided numbers to Energy Link past March. I know several other royalty owners are in the same position.one person at Contango told me they have over 30,000 royalty owners who are not paid.

I would appreciate input from any and all who are fighting this same battle. I will be at the NARO conference in Tulsa next month and plan to bring this up.

Make sure that you have sent a request by certified mail return receipt. Texas law requires a response. Keep copies of the letter and the green certified card.

Have you tried contacting the company under its new name? Crescent Energy Company. Merger in December of 2021. Could be part of the delay. Contango was in Fort Worth (& OKC), Crescent is in Houston. The Investors page has their new address and phone.

I am well aware of merger put together by KKR. I have the direct phone number for several of the officers. They do take my calls but also keep coming up with excuses. I have also demanded 5 % interest as provided by statute by certified mail. I do that back in May when they still hadn’t paid for January production. I got a check ( I question it’s correctness ) vis bank wire 10 minutes before the lockout deadline I gave them . I also control the surface on these leases. It is a nightmare

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.