Contango Not Making Revenue Payments

I have exhausted everything short of filing a lien to get Contango to pay royalty and suspense funds. Anybody else having same issues?

They are a strange company no doubt. Some months they pay, some they don’t, regardless of minimum. Very poorly run even after bankruptcy.

Thanks Todd! At least I don’t have to feel like I’m the only one to struggle with them. I spend a ridiculous amount of time just getting them to pay me….never had even close to this much grief from any operator of any size! Lisa

I too have not rec a check since 2/14/2022. Called and left VM and they would try to get back to me in 10 working days !!! Every month I should have rec a check but nothing. I wonder if any legal recourse can be done? they probably owe me maybe 1000.00 total so far plus interest but this is uncalled for going on 4 months now no payments!!!

We can’t get Contango to answer our calls or emails. I’ve even emailed the CEO. No answer. Found out they have a new CEO. I have been told to only contact EAG1SOURCE…the people who deposit our royalty checks…about our Contango questions. They said they’d gotten a new computer system and all would be straightened out by the end of May 2022. Not true. We didn’t even get a check. There are 8 of us. Only 2 have gotten regular checks in the last year and some no check at all. We all are to get the same amount as each other. Now, EAG1SOURCE won’t even answer their phones or emails. The Commission over the oil and gas industry in Oklahoma where our wells are say to get a lawyer. But from research I’ve done on Contango, that won’t help. I’ve researched them all the way back to 2012.

Send a certified letter, return receipt.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.