Contacted by Someone Saying they Represent Comstock Resources

I have been contacted by someone saying they are from Comstock Resources, yet they have a gmail address. Wouldn’t they have an email that shows he’s from Comstock? Should I call Comstock and ask about this person?

Odds are they are a broker for a company hired by Comstock. It is very typical for companies to outsource outside land work to a lease or land broker. The individual who contacted you probably works for the broker.

1 Like

That contact is from a broker representing Comstock. Where are your minerals located (county and survey)?

1 Like

Leon County, C.M. Jones survey A-448. I just received another email from him. He states he works for Triangle Oil and Gas and is doing the curative title clean up so that they can put non-participating royalty interest into pay. We are needing to acquire a Ratification for the interest.

The lateral for the Comstock WA Harrison 1H goes right through your survey, so it looks like you will be in the money! Date of first production was 3/13/2024. The 24-hour test on 4/1/2024 produced 35,030 MCF of gas.

3 Likes

It is common for independent contractor landmen to have non-corporate email addresses (gmail, etc.). I recommend you request a copy of the engagement agreement between the landman and the company verifying their connection. Additionally, I always ask if they are a member of the AAPL (American Association of Professional Landmen) and thus subject to their professional ethics standards. Depending on what the landman is working on (leasing, curative, right of way, etc.), it would be common for them to use broker landmen for the project. Learn More Through the National Association of Royalty Owners

3 Likes

Thank you for the information. I will find out more. I really appreciate your knowledge and experience and sharing it with me.