ConocoPhilips pricing in Eastern MT for oil

The scale that is used for gravity indexing is showing approx. a $30 price per barrel decline for March as compared to February yet the oil prices per barrel have been higher. Has anyone been to the ConocoPhilips site to check this out? Our minerals are in Fallon County which is bordering ND and we are under the central montana index gravity rating of "g". I have contacted Conoco and have gotten no reply. Also, does anyone know if we can take a loss on our income because of the adjustment for transporting?

Thanks

I think there is too much oil and not enough shipping options right now. They are complaining about low prices in ND too.

marlene:

I think Mr. Jackson hit the nail on the head as the areas in both MT and ND are surffering from the lack of infrastructure in regards to transportation (pipelines, etc.). This is just another component of the growing pains being felt in these areas. Hopefully, as time goes on, these problems will be alleviated.

Thanks Joe. We already have pipelines running to storage tanks near Baker. A decline of over $20 per barrel from one day to the next doesn't appear right. Baker has been producing oil for a half century!

Joe Jackson said:

I think there is too much oil and not enough shipping options right now. They are complaining about low prices in ND too.