Conoco phillips offer help

Hello, I am new to the forum and had a question regarding current rate for access to property. I have received a offer from Conoco Phillips for use of my property. The offer is to bury 40 "rods" at a rate of $80 dollars a rod; $3200 total. Their terms also do not include any cleanup later to remove items from the property. I have no intention of agreeing to these terms as they are and would like to know what the "average amount (compensation)" would be for the use of my property. I have surface rights only.

Would another member please consider sharing their experience with me? Thank you,

Tomas Medrano

Hello Tomas,

I am assuming you are talking about a pipeline being routed on your property. I am posting a link to a post by Attorney Eric Camp on pipelines. Hope this is helpful to you. It may be to your interest to hire an attorney to help you through this process. Good luck.

http://www.mineralrightsforum.com/profiles/blogs/pipeline-easement-and-right-of-way-agreements-a-landowner-s-list

Clint Liles

In recent years we’ve had four pipelines to cross different pieces of farm land and each time the pipeline agreements have more and more favored the pipeline companies making it much more difficult to negotiate with them. It is very important for you to get an attorney to represent you on this, but make sure he has experience in pipeline agreements.

We just signed agreement to allow a buried 20 inch line in western KS across our land at $105 per rod. This is the 3rd line and we expect a 4th. The companies we have dealt with have been very cooperative and have had very complete agreements. Do not sign anything that does not include their pick up of debris OR does not include revegetation, erosion control and replacement of anything modified (fences or whatever).

Yes I was Clint. Thank you so much for the legal information you linked me to, It was very helpful and covered a lot of things I was not even considering. You seem to be very familiar with this area in Texas, do you have any idea if Conoco Phillips is planning on building in this area in the next few years? Seems this is more of a long term project. Do you buy chance have a property in this area? Curious if we are neighbors. If you hear any more about compensation amounts for right of way contracts please let me know. I don't want to give it away to cheap, and not sure the cost of an attorney will be with it given what they offered me initially ($3400 bucks) Thanks again.

Tomas

Clint Liles said:

Hello Tomas,

I am assuming you are talking about a pipeline being routed on your property. I am posting a link to a post by Attorney Eric Camp on pipelines. Hope this is helpful to you. It may be to your interest to hire an attorney to help you through this process. Good luck.

http://www.mineralrightsforum.com/profiles/blogs/pipeline-easement-...

Clint Liles

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the information. Is your property located in Culberson County, Texas? Curious how much compensation others are receiving for right of way access, I don't want to give it away too cheap. Thanks.

Tomas

J. Michal said:

In recent years we've had four pipelines to cross different pieces of farm land and each time the pipeline agreements have more and more favored the pipeline companies making it much more difficult to negotiate with them. It is very important for you to get an attorney to represent you on this, but make sure he has experience in pipeline agreements.

Thanks Ron, real helpful information, since I am so new to this. Do you receive an annual payment or is the $105 a one time only?

Tomas

Ron Bahm said:

We just signed agreement to allow a buried 20 inch line in western KS across our land at $105 per rod. This is the 3rd line and we expect a 4th. The companies we have dealt with have been very cooperative and have had very complete agreements. Do not sign anything that does not include their pick up of debris OR does not include revegetation, erosion control and replacement of anything modified (fences or whatever).

Thomas,

I live in East Texas(Flint, Texas) and have no idea what Conoco-Phillips has planned for your area. I still think you need to contact an attorney before you get taken advantage of. Just call an attorney and ask what they charge for consultation. Good luck with your pipeline contract.

Clint Liles

This is a one time payment which includes any anticipated crop damages for each pipe that is installed. We have received payment already for this 3rd pipe and the pipeline is not planned to be installed until Spring of 2016. We have heard that there is a 4th pipeline that is planned soon. The companies have been very good about revegetation, cleanup, fence rebuilding and erosion control and follow up. After 3 years you could hardly see the line on Google Earth photos. Ours is in open buffalo grass, that grows back very fast. If you have timber then you have extra considerations in the agreement.

Tomas medrano said:

Thanks Ron, real helpful information, since I am so new to this. Do you receive an annual payment or is the $105 a one time only?

Tomas

Ron Bahm said: