Confusing pay stub

Hi, I’m new to this business, and find my paystubs from XTO to be very confusing. They show separate RI income for the incremental inheritances that I have received (some from an aunt, some from a grandmother, etc.), rather than just giving me a cumulative, current total. Is there a good reason for them to keep it separated like that? They told me they would collapse it for me, but they made it sound like I shouldn’t do that. Thank you for any advice!

2 Likes

If it were me, I would keep them separate. Could be useful to have that information some day. I am untangling a probate right now and would have loved to see info like that on check stubs from the past.

2 Likes

I have a couple of questions for you. if you don’t mind. I need to make sure Grady County has my current address on file for mineral interest. Who do I need to talk to for making change, or does it need to be in writing, and to what office does this need to be sent to? My other problem is Cont. Resources billing me for production cost. Line fill, transportation cost, and OT, means other. I have lease and division orders that do not say anything on them about me paying these items. They are not crossed out because they aren’t there. You are so helpful to people on this forum, and we are all so glad for you to share and educate us. Thank You for all you do.

Call the county clerk for Grady county and ask for the oil and gas department. Ask them exactly what they need and what the fees will be. You will most likely need a probated will or an affidavit of heirship, death certificates, etc.

Continental is a whole different issue. Read your lease. Most newer leases from Continental allow them to take deductions unless you did some strong negotiation. If you have a really old lease from the 70’s, then you may have a better case. Division orders do not mention post production charges. I cannot comment without seeing the lease language. Even then I could only point out the line. You may need legal help to get it fixed. CLR in lots of lawsuits over that issue.

It is possible that the two interests are subject to two different leases and different provisions. Contact the XTO Division Order department, they should be able to answer the question.