Confirming parcel description

I’m the trustee for my mom’s estate and have worked with attorney to transfer her mineral interests in Hughes county to her heirs. I was using a listing that an attorney that my mom had to handle my aunt’s estate which describes NE/2 NW/4 of Section 35, Township 9 North, Range 12 East. My brother has found a listing that shows NE/4 NW/4 of Section 35 Township 9 North, Range 12 East. I’ve search Oklahoma records but only find the recording of the transfer I’ve worked on. I’ve asked my brother for the source of his listing and am waiting to hear. He expects that there was a type and I’ll have to go back to the attorney to have the heirship corrected. Can someone confirm that the description from my aunt is in error? And can someone recommend how to search records going back further then 1990’s?

Olson: Must be a typo as there is no such thing as NE/2 of NW/4. Should be NE/4 NW/4. I looked at the deed you are talking about and no doubt it is a typo.

The best way to validate the information is to either go to Hughes county records department and find the original deeds (the clerks there will pull the actual mineral deeds after you’ve identified the ones you need by searching on the section/township/range in the recording books) or hire a landman to get the original deeds for you. I’ve found records I needed in Hughes county two years ago (I’m not a landman), and the county team there is fast and efficient.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.